What is the one thing every boater looks for in an outboard motor? The lightest weight motor possible. Tohatsu’s 50hp four stroke now comes in a second color option, Beluga White, allowing boaters to choose which engine color best fits their boat. You asked and we listened by outfitting the 50hp EFI four stroke with an improved gear case with a lower gear ratio, giving you the increased low end torque your boat needs.
This outboard also has variable idling speed control from 650 to 950rpm’s. And the MFS50’s stainless steel water pump housing liner gives you outstanding durability. With the 50hp four stroke’s power to quickly reach your destination, exceptional fuel performance to keep gas costs down and proven electronic fuel injection technology for worry-free boating, you’ve never had a day on the water quite like this.
Tohatsu 50 hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
- Sleek design with two color options: Aqua Marine Blue (MFS50A) and Beluga White (MFS50AW)
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Lightest weight in its class, starting at just 209 lbs.
- Available in short (15”) & long (20”) shaft lengths
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation:
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- MicroComputer Programmed ignition system for quicker starts
- High output 21 amp alternator
- New and improved gear case with lower gear ratio for increased low end torque
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Power trim & tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability:
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 950 rpm’s
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
Warning & Protection:
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models:
- The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
Variable Idling System:
- Allows trolling speed (RPM) to be adjusted in four levels from 650rpm to 950rpm (100rpm each)